May 18, 2010

Cherry Blossoms

So said that I would post some pictures. Before I post pictures from my trip to the States I figured I'd go chronologically and post pictures of cherry blossoms that I took right before my vacation.

Spring here in Japan is an especially beautiful time of year. When temperatures aren't quite as cold and March comes around cherry trees start blooming everywhere. Of course this depends on weather so the cherry blossom viewing season, or hanami begins in Kyuushu and ends in Hokkaido. Because I wasn't in Japan during most of April I missed the peak hanami time for the Kansai region. At least in the sense of getting together with friends under the trees for a food/drink filled picnic. I did however get some great pictures taken over a couple random afternoons.

Now for the pictures.

















No comments:

Post a Comment